Elmhurst, IL 60126
Job Type: Full-time
Job duties will vary based on the area of the warehouse the Material Handler is assigned:
– Pull/pick customer orders using a cart to stack the materials appropriately – leveled and organized.
– Ensure accuracy of orders pulled.
– Band customer orders so that they are secure and will not shift/move during transport.
– Check product for quality and identify any damaged inventory.
– Interacts with other departments to ensure accuracy and completeness of orders as necessary.
– Keep work area clean including sweeping and rebinding loose bundles.
– Ensure all work area is clean and bins are stocked for the start of the next shift
– Oher warehouse duties may be assigned based on business needs.
– High School Diploma or GED.
– Basic Math Skills including Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division.
– Ability to use and read a ruler/tape measure.
– Ability to read and follow directions.
– Ability to communicate/work effectively with other team members.
– Prior experience working in a warehouse/distribution environment
– 1 year of experience working in a distribution facility
– Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
– Ability to push/pull up to 75 lbs.
– Ability to physically handle awkward product lengths
– Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend forward or reach repetitively
– Will be exposed to dust from wood product
– Fluctuating warehouse temperatures (based on the season)